Sunday, January 17, 2010

chapter seven: puddle on the earth

one week down, three to go. that just really breaks my heart. i think i'm onto something here, endorphins ARE the new street legal drug. we play and play and play, then get all addicted. i may even have to start my own group fashioned after MADD post challengola. but i'll call it PWJNMJ, people who just need more junk.

just a quickie update: yesterday after my lightning fast run, i was so peeved that i decided it was absolutely not acceptable to finish my day on such a low. i figured i'd do a yin yoga class to finish the night off right. that, and dance the macarena. yes i did both. i think i get extra points here, as i also did another hot yoga class tonight too. that means in the last 48 hours i've done 4 classes! holla.

today was my first sleep-in since sunday last week, and it was long overdue. i started to look a little like edward scissorhands with a pimp walk (note: the charlie horsed calves). yes, it was that bad. thank god for push up bras or i'd be S.O.L. headed south to the safe injection site, formally known as EJone. there was a great energy from everyone in the studio doing the class prior to mine. looking sharp kids.

today was my 'rest' day, so i did a lovely little release class, taught by the hottest ladies out there this side of the cambie street bridge, miss kimbells and er bear. totally different feeling than any class i've done thus far. we started off with dynamic stretching and concentrated breathing. then, we integrated movements focused on stretching, with assistance from the kinesis for added resistance. i'm not sure what i'd prefer, using the kinesis machine and being able to make all the silly-stretchyfaces i want. or, to partner stretch with the hot fireman that made me soup thursday. hmm? i just wanted to point out that in the second half of our class, kimbells was demoing a seated forward fold and i was in awe. i don't think i've ever seen a sexier stretch. good job girlfriend, looking good out there. it was effortless, rhythmical, passionate. my was dirty, tired and paunchy. i even made a silly-stretchyface into my legs, thank god no one saw.

i also got to practice my bridge in the last bit of class. it was nearly london bridge is falling down, but i made it through. i wouldn't send anyone over it anytime soon though. i must mention, i did feel quite like a dancer today. i wonder if it came across as elegant, or more like pamela anderson's upper torso? oh, and a calves update for anyone interested in my lower legs: after my yin, release, hot yoga, they're starting to relax. thank you for all that puddling on the earth. i sent all my intentions in my last three classes to my calves. just so when they're better i can meet them at the bikeracks after school and kick their ass all over again.

i've set a new goal with my running because i want to be successful: i will do hot yoga every night after my runs to help stretch. mainly because i hate sucking. so, i will not suck. Namasté.

No comments:

Post a Comment