Friday, January 15, 2010

chapter five: prison break


i woke up very early this morning and apprehensively opened my eyes. i looked around the room trying to think of a situation that could be any worse than this, and i decided that the only thing that could possibly be worse would be prison. i was scared to move, the last time my body and i had a conversation my legs told me they were going on vacation. i had to convince myself to move, just to test out how the legs felt. nothing but charlie horse. after feeling what my calves had been reduced to, i even considered shaving my head for a more dramatic effect.

i think i may have done my job today between stretches. must. get. ready. for. class. it was a full day procedure getting my legs back up to snuff for our x-ercise class, but come 5pm they were as ready as they were going to be. it's go time. fridays are all about the energy, the ambience, the way we look on the floor. turn the music up loud and lets go.

i knew right away things were going to be a goodie, but it ended up being spectacular and damn retro. i got an 80's wayback playback tonight, and i think i loved it? one move in particular brought a big grin across my face. i think i may have even let out a little giggle, the one you do when you're 5 on christmas morning. i'm sure a more appropriate theme of attire would be slouchy ankle warmers, mid-thigh tights with a neon thong over top and a scrunchie in my hair to top it off. let me just remind you, the scrunchie will never be cool again, so don't even try and bring it back. are you ready for it... hip thrusters. amazing. we should have put on a billy ocean cassette and done a buns of steel video.

sniffles and big al lead it like pros, however, i wish they'd been in 80's gear and we could have made a night out of it. note to self, add 80's theme friday nights. through the last agility phase it was quick tempo, lots of energy, hard and fast. i was jumping so hard my hair landed in a side pony tail by the end of class. it was quite fitting considering EJ X is now being referred to exxxercise. well done boys.

there are some times where it is completely acceptable to voice your true affection of jane fonda. today is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment