Monday, February 1, 2010

chapter twenty two: skittles in the reservoir

so here we go with a cardio class. to be honest, the last time i did a cardio class i wanted to die. actually die. so i've been a little apprehensive, you could call it that, to jump back on that pogo stick , if you know what i mean. although this is a class that i can't get kicked out for my spastic hand-eye coordination, i can still get kicked out for giving my trainers the finger. watch out now!

i was trying to escape out the back, when i heard "gems, the bike." i was left with no choice but to cover my ears and shake my head from side to side. i was silent. my eyes nearly started to water as i looked away to avoid mr junior gongs gaze. we also got to break into the kickboxing tonight. "let's get this party started" went through my mind, as i triumphantly kicked out one leg and nearly knocked myself over. jet li better watch his back, he's got some stiff competition.

to be completely frank, the cardio tonight wasn't as hard as i remember. i blame this on two possible situations. either a) i've gotten a lot stronger in my cardiovascular training, or b) the skittles i had this week were being stored for a monday night cardio, and kicked in just at the right time. i can confidently say that i surprised myself tonight with this one. atta boy.

so moving on, we're onto release plus. i started again on the bike. i'll still have you know that i haven't found a donut or fuzzy butt pad to help ease the pain. but, like the champions say no pain no gain. so a sore butt i'll have. i thought i may not have enough energy to get all the way through this one the way i expect myself to, but it wasn't too bad. thanks to those reservoir skittles.

my hip flexors are so tight, my deep squats are still creaky, and i have a little pinch in my back. i feel like i need to whoop my own ass, and karate chop myself straight. there's a sign up starting for anyone willing to kick me square in the back. 10$ if you can make me cry. shout outs to the trainers tonight, sniffles, mr junior gong, er bear and big al. cheers for pushing me harder than a mama in labour.


No comments:

Post a Comment